Saturday 12 January 2013

Learning Experiences

Have had a little break because there wasn't much going on in my life as far as early childhood goes over Christmas. Back in the swing of it at work now and busy applying for kindergarten jobs. Just want to remind everyone to keep records of the experiences you provide for children. Take lots of photos (of the experiences, not of the children) and keep them on a memory stick. You never know when they'll come in handy. I've forgotten a lot of the things I've done in the past and wish I had a lot more photos, especially of all the little temporary and casual jobs I did where I came up with on-the-spot ideas, but wasn't able to photograph them. Mostly I just didn't think ahead.

Things are coming back to me now as I'm compiling a huge list of categorized ideas for 4-5s. I'm up to about 20 pages now, so I think this will keep me going for a while. I'm happy to share these ideas with anyone who is working with this age-group, or who thinks they may be in the future. Write me an email at pennyrmuller@gmail.com and I'll send you a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment